January 2020! We believe this is a great time to start, 5 months before the start of your exams.
We are currently in the process of building a wonderful virtual classroom and ensuring you have the best possible resources 😀
Our start date will be January 2020 and from that date we will be commencing with Edexcel and AQA Economics through until the summer exams.
Prices start from £20 per 1 hour class if you go with our unlimited plan (that is a discount of 80% if you were to hire EdGenie tutors privately)
Outside of EdGenie, our tutors usually charge over £100 per hour. Why? Because they are the best. They have the ability to do so because of what they offer. That is why through EdGenie, you can gain access to these tutors for as little as £25 per hour.
In order to gain access to our EdGenies at such affordable prices, we place students in small groups, in our state-of-the-art online classroom with virtual whiteboard all in the comfort of their own home. By having up to 8 students in a class (instead of 1-2-1) we are able provide students access to world class help in their subjects.
To put it simply, they are the best! Their track record speaks for itself. They are full time subject matter experts and solely focus on their areas of expertise. We do not cater for jack of all trades.
Why are our EdGenies the best?
- They are subject matter experts
- They know the exam board very well using frequent assessments for exam preparation
- The exam technique used is optimal to achieve an A*
- They use real world application for maximum understanding
- Aswell as their university qualification in the subject, they have industry experience.
- Their past exam results as Private tutors have a success rate 92% for A*/A.
Yes, Edgenie is accessible and available anywhere. As long as you have access to a Computer or Laptop. You can be in space or in the middle of the atlantic and as long as you have a secure internet connection, you will be able to log in and gain access.
- Print off the syllabus and go through it every single week covering each bullet point.
- Exam practice – Every single topic area is examinable so go through past exam questions every week when revising the topics. The questions asked will different to the way you are learning the topics.
- Real world understanding and application is crucial if you want to receive an A*. Reading around and watching videos around the Economy and business is necessary to get an top grade Economics. Here are three websites to get you going:
- Exam Technique: Understanding the link between Knowledge, Application, Analysis, Evaluation and how the combination of these relate to each question. Make sure these are mastered. Try to understand these early on when conducting exam practice because these are where you get your marks and a grasp of these will be the difference between an A/A* and a B.
- Detail: When writing up a question which requires analysis or evaluation, you must have a chain of reasoning which is at least 5 or 6 points long while using connectives. For example, “An increase in the interest rates from 0.5% to 0.75% by the Bank of England has led to an increase in borrowing costs for consumers, especially those that are on variable mortgages. This will result in an increase in repayments and therefore will result in a decrease in disposable incomes for households as now, they have less to consume, hence, Aggregate demand will fall. Consequently, if consumption falls, firms will most likely reduce their output and will bring about redundancies leading to a hike in unemployment or underemployment. In addition to businesses borrowing costs swelling this will have negative impacts on their production levels and hence there will be an overall reduction in GDP as can be seen in Q2 where the economy fell by 0.2%.”